Thursday, December 29, 2011

A look back...and some thinking...

This morning as I finally take the time to reflect on our pre vacation days, I remembered that I forgot to blog the last day!  So here it is for you to see. Here's our last mystery reader before the break and the joyful Kindergartener who discovered it was her Mom who would be reading for us.
 She brought several books to read, but in S's mind there was NO CHOICE.  We had to read...
 THE NUTCRACKER!  What a beautiful version of this story by Susan Jeffers.  It was a new version for me, but I'm pretty sure it will be joining my classroom library very soon!
 We made some more crafts today.  Candy cane ornaments.  Each child created their own pattern.

 And I have to say, this was one of my favorite writing activities where we decided what Santa would say.  I don't know why these turned when I put them in the blog so here's the interpretation:  "For Christmas what do you want?  My bag is full.  Were you good?  Merry Christmas.  Ho Ho Ho!"
 And, as a parent, my personal favorite:  "Do you need any more toys?"
I'm so excited to see my kiddos again in the new year.  I know that there are exciting things ahead for all of us.  I've been PINNING AWAY on Pinterest in anticipation of all of our new learning adventures.  I even got some fun things from Grandma and Grandpa Nations for our classroom that I can't wait to share!

I'll see you in the New Year!  In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your break.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining my Linky Party! I look forward to reading more on your blog. I've read several of your Mystery Readers posts and it sounds like your kids have had lots of fun. I love the surprise element. :)

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mystery readers and that worksheet was really a cute idea. I can hardly wait to read about the grandparents!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete