Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Check out my kids doing their first Buddy Reading Activity today!  First we all read the books (from Reading A-Z) on the ActivBoard.  I chose two "aa" books "The School" and "Pets" so that everyone would experience success.  With eighteen students, I gave nine one title and the others the second title.  

 Individuals practiced reading the book I gave them while pointing to the words.  Then they read it to a partner.  Partners were able to help if needed.  We switched books and did it again.  The kids LOVED it!  

I love watching them learn together and help one another.  It's fun to pair up some of the more reluctant readers with those already reading.  Everyone practiced "caring hearts" when working with their buddy.  Here are some more photos from this fun activity below.  







No comments:

Post a Comment