Monday, March 26, 2012

More Seuss...

 As we continued our Seuss-fun...we took a side trip to see The Lorax with some of our Learning Garden friends and their families.
 Some people in our group enjoyed a delicious supper after the movie.


 We also tried our hand at creating some "truffula trees"...from The Lorax.  This was also a great time for us to practice some handwriting as we wrote The Lorax's words:  "I am the Lorax I speak for the trees."




 The truffula tree art project was nearly a disaster because we had a TERRIBLE time getting the "tufts" stay put on the trees.  In fact, I thought maybe the "Onceler" was going to have to come and chop them down.  But they FINALLY did stay put and I think they turned out pretty cute.

Our book buddies came to visit and we took time to enjoy the beautiful springtime weather outside.










 And of course, no unit on Seuss would be complete without a Cat in the Hat art project.  We completed a glyph book and then used that as our "recipe" to make our cats.  These turned out SO CUTE!  (Even if I do say so myself!)


No comments:

Post a Comment